Blogging Mummies Meet @ Mondo's

Wow... I'm still amped about meeting up with seven other local "bloggy Mums" today... What a buzz!

A couple of weeks ago the lovely Jackie organised a Whangarei meet up for all of us Mummies who love to blog.  I was so glad I made the effort to attend, as I had a couple of other things "pencilled" in, but decided that could just wait, I was going to meet with some like-minded Mums, and connect in person...not just via the net. Now I already knew 2 of the crew - Jackie and Kristy, but had only heard of some of the others in blog-land, so it was gonna be exciting!

...And exciting it was! 

Out came the cameras...some of us *ahem* were a little lacking in that department and watching on with tremendous camera envy!!  I had actually planned on bringing along the Nikon D70 with 18-200mm lens, however I thought that might be a bit "over the top"... however my choice of little Sony cybershot left a lot to be desired among my new found bloggy friends.... who were whipping out their big beastie cams left right and centre.  The only comfort for me was that Elizabeths camera seemed relatively compact like my own, and Tracys...well Tracys was completely invisible......?? new technology perhaps?? lol

I love in one of the many pics taken (one of Kristys I think), we all have our cameras aimed and at the ready, and Tracy is actually poised...holding her "air cam" hahahahah it's awesome!!


Kristy and Elizabeth with cameras at the ready
Leonie having a laugh.... she has the most contagious laugh, it's great!
(Tracy in the background checking up on the children!)
My little Kendyl crouched in the rocks
Photo opportunity :)
The gorgeous girlies
The Cool kiddies playing well together.
A bunch of noisy bikers who came to check us out.. heehee.
This chick just started work here today, and we nabbed her, getting us to take loads of pics, and she was so worried that she was going to get in trouble for taking so long, and possibly fired...hahaha. Poor thing
One day when she's stuck at home blogging with several children in tow...she'll understand how important days like this are!! haha.
Oh...Kendyl keeping me busy (again)...like when she ran away from us and I let her go...only to find that when I did chase her, she'd run past 2 police officers who were looking me up and down like I was a bad mother!! hahaha.

My wayward daughter who we're going to marry off to one of Jackies sons!! ;)


Back to the banter :)

It was great to meet you all...and your gorgeous offspring :) 
 It was nice to hang with some women who "just know" what it's like...Mummyhood, the net connections, photo opportunities. 
It's cool to just be yourself, laugh, have 4 different conversations going at once and be able to chop and change from each one as you feel. 
It's cool to see that Im not the only one who spills my hot drinks (no...not naming you ...yet!).... 
It was funny seeing that guy walk past our group with a camera, and wondering if he was a "blogging Daddy"...haha..he probably wondered why we all cracked up after he'd walked past! 
It was good to see what PaisleyJade keeps in her secret packages in her bag.... ;)  haha (thanks Kendyl!).
It was NOT cool that the sun was so darn hot causing my glasses to fog up all the time, nor having to continually chase my daughter up and down the basin!!

Extra "cool" bonus was when Cassandra (Lisas lovely sister) turned up and I just KNEW I knew her from somewhere...(blog land of course), and she came and hung with us for a while, and to even top that... double extra cool bonus (if there ever was such a thing!)... was getting to chat to Lisa too... like she was right there with us... :) Coolness!!

Then, for me  it was time to head off, as Miss nearly 2 had just had enough and was ready for lunch!

It was such a trip meeting you all (I know I've said it lots before, but it so was!!).  It wasn't like meeting someone new with lots of awkwardness etc, it was just cruisey, and fun, just how it should be!

I look forward to lots more catch ups and laughs with you all  be it via the net or in person!
Until then, take care
xx Neetz (Juanita) xx




Comments

  1. Hey Neetz! Thank you sooo much for your lovely comment on my blog the other day (week?) and sorry I am only just getting back to you. What a cool get together!!! Yes I would LOVE to meet up with you all when I am in town, looks like you all had so much fun!!! Ahh, the town basin, used to be one of my fave hangouts.
    Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome Neetz! That's a fab turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Runs off to link your blog post to my blog post*

    hehehe was an awesome morning out with some awesome ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was super fun!! Definitely have to do it again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha - I love the way you write! Such a cool time - looking forward to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such an awesome morning!! So lovely to meet you and I was laughing so much because you are just so funny! wicked sense of humour.
    Looks like I might be the last one to post..oops!!!better hurry up.
    Hope we can do a repeat performance VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a blast yesterday and LOVED meeting you! Can't wait to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You truly ROCK for leaving a comment .. Ta Muchly xx
(Due to lots of spam I have turned the word verification on again!) sorry x

Popular Posts