My big baby Girl.



 
 
 My baby girl has, for the last year and a half been absolutely obsessed with getting her ears pierced.  She's just 4yrs old, but had been assuring me that she was well old enough to get them done, and to care for them, and that she'd be so very very brave.

So while we were holidaying in Kaitaia,, we booked in a visit to the local pharmacy.
And we got them done!

I offered to hold her hands but she said "I can do this Mummy".  Then proudly she counted down...3, 2, 1... and after the initial shock, tears filled her eyes, but she kept quiet enough...


 
She totally forgot about the pain when someone thrust a mirror in her face and she could check out the earrings (she'd picked) now pierced through her lobes.

 
We've only had one drama the next day when, in a hurry she ripped her clothes over her head so she could go swimming...and pulled one out.  But that was rectified with a bit of ice and another little push through.  Now 2 weeks on, and she's fine, no infections nothing.
 
Her next mission is going to be getting her huge Tonsils and Adenoids surgically removed on the 5th of February.  She said to me... "I'm going to be so brave, and cant wait to have my smelly tonsils OUT".  So fingers crossed and lots of prayers for that and a speedy recovery afterwards!!
 

Comments

  1. Such a brave and gorgeous girl!!!
    Abbey is still too scared! She wants to but "not just yet" lol and I promised her that we would get them done together, mine have closed after too long unused!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big girl indeed.....and such a gorgeous little Miss too. All the best for that big adventure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! My girls are both too scared to get their ears pierced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just showed My girl this post. She was just talking about how she didnt want to get any because of the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave wee poppet!! Sounds like she's in for a good dose of ice cream and jelly next month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You truly ROCK for leaving a comment .. Ta Muchly xx
(Due to lots of spam I have turned the word verification on again!) sorry x

Popular Posts