QUICK CATCH UP

Hi again......
So. Thought I'd do a quick "catch up" As it's really been a fair while since I was regularly here.

My Children are growing up - Asher is now 15 and taller/bigger than his Dad. Kendyl is now 11, and is still a whirlwind - full of life and love. 

Warren's still working hard, managing a local store.  And since the last regular blogging, I have returned to work at the DHB.  Im working for the Health of Older persons service, as a Needs Assessor. Im actually still working from home despite New Zealand now going back into level 1 with the Covid19 Pandemic and all, but more on that later.

I still have the Band Warren and I run - Kurfew.  We have now incorporated a keys player/Backing vocalist into the mix and become a 5 piece.  We've had a real shuffle around with new members (and previous members who've returned). Our sound has also opened up a fair bit, we are no longer "Rock covers Band" but a general covers band, covering all genres, and having keys makes it a lot better too.

Our old 19 year old Puss, Cassie passed away a couple of years back, and we now have a new 1yr old fluffy as heck Cat who thinks hes a puppy, called Winston Dexter Chas.  We also have a Shih Tzu who looks like Chewbacca called Wookie. 





I've had a lot going on Health-wise over the last 6mths.  
In December, after a little while of feeling tired/generally "old" and struggling with gigging etc, and then getting some pain, I felt a mass in my stomach - and after some tests and investigations and everyone being unsure what it was or where it was attached - Had surgery in January to remove "it".  When I woke from surgery I was told they'd found 3 large tumours, one attached to the outside of my intestine and also to my abdomen wall. That particular one looked very suspicious, the others they were unsure of.  I also had a portion of my bowel/intestine cut out and then reattached, as well as a full hysterectomy.  Long story short, the tests came back and I was booked in with the oncology team. 
So, right before lockdown in New Zealand was annouced, I was starting Chemotherapy.  My treatment is going to be ongoing, daily treatments for 3 years or 1095 days!!.
(Im currently on day 103).

So thats another whole blog story.  My second war with this mongrel disease!!  Don't worry though, I'm going to try and ensure that this whole blog isn't overrun by dreary Cancer postings.  I will probably use this forum to keep up to date on what's going on and where Im at..... but it will not be the blog focus.

So.  Until next time, see ya round!  - Neetz x

Comments

Post a Comment

You truly ROCK for leaving a comment .. Ta Muchly xx
(Due to lots of spam I have turned the word verification on again!) sorry x

Popular Posts